- Full-time, Hourly (non-exempt)
- Overtime opportunities
- Job training provided
- Health, dental, and vision benefits (30-day waiting period applies)
- Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance benefits (30-day waiting period applies)
- 401(K) available with 2% employer match
- Standard 2 weeks of vacation per year (90-day waiting period applies)
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Starting: $17/hour (higher depending on experience)
- 90 Days of Employment: $18/hour
- Monthly Perfect On-Time Bonus: $150
The issue of mass incarceration and the soaring rate of recidivism is one of the most important civil rights issues of our time. At Awake, we believe we can play an active role in combatting this issue by providing meaningful second chance employment to formerly incarcerated individuals. Whether you have a record, or just want to work at a company that is part of the solution, Awake would love to have you join our team.
Awake Window & Door Co. is an organization full of individuals deeply committed to our core values and creating solutions that excite our stakeholders. Our company is made up of an incredibly talented group of individuals dedicated to finding innovative solutions to complex problems. This group is never afraid of the hard work required to give our customers the best possible experience. We want your position at Awake to be the greatest job you have ever had. We are passionate about creating a compelling work place environment where you’ll have fun, you’ll do great work, you’ll be challenged to be better, and you’ll love what you do.
Manufacturing Technicians assist in the process of fabricating high-quality windows and doors, while adhering strictly to health and safety guidelines. Manufacturing technicians may work the production line, use manufacturing tools and equipment, and prepare finished products for shipment.
- Ability to receive verbal instructions and to work together with a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and make necessary changes.
- Ability to ask questions when instructions are unclear.
- Actively looks for ways to encourage and support others.
Tasks/Detailed Work Activities
- Operates any production equipment, tools or machinery needed to perform the job.
- Reads job specifications to determine material requirements.
- Inspect, adjust, and maintain production equipment.
- Keep records of material and equipment.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Operates forklift as needed (training provided).
- Performs assembly-type functions on a production line.
- Handle glass, (annealed and tempered).
- Unload, receive, and store raw materials and supplies.
- Maintain inventories of materials, equipment, and products.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Completes work as required to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Install new manufacturing equipment.
- Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
- Package and prepare completed units for shipping.
- Load products into semi-trailers, shipping containers, flat bed trailers, etc.
- Attach labels to products and packages.
- Comply with appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) standards.
Employee must meet these physical demands to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions):
- Standing for long periods of time, walking, crouching, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds overhead.
- Sufficient visual acuity including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to regularly talk and hear (the noise level in the shop can be loud).
- Must be able/willing to wear ear plugs / ear muffs, and safety glasses for entire shift.
- Well-ventilated, open-concept manufacturing warehouse
- Windows and skylights provide bright natural lighting throughout workday
- Organized and clean workflow promote collaboration amongst employees
- Respirators are required in limited environments to prevent inhalation of any hazardous particles
- Appropriate PPE is required as operation of some equipment may expose employees to noise levels exceeding 85 dBA, or debris from cutting and drilling
- Employees will be working in an evaporative cooled, non-air conditioned environment. While efforts are made to create a comfortable environment with plenty of air movement, temperatures may reach over 90 degrees in summer months.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience: Six months working in fabrication and/or manufacturing (preferred)
Technology/Desktop Computer Skills
- Basic personal computer skills
- Mitre and straight cut saws
- Copy router
- Hydraulic Punch
- Air compressor
- Glazing pump
- Power tools (impact driver, circular saw, cordless drill, etc.)
- Hand tools (caulking gun, tape measure, utility knife, etc.)
- Drill Press