- Full Time, Salary (non-exempt) plus quarterly bonus structure
- Health, dental, vision, STD, LTD & life insurance benefits available (30-day waiting period applies)
- 401(k) with company matching (90-day waiting period applies)
- 80 hours vacation per year (90-day waiting period) plus 40 hours sick time
- 11 paid holidays per year
The issue of mass incarceration and the soaring rate of recidivism is one of the most important civil rights issues of our time. At Awake, we believe we can play an active role in combatting this issue by providing meaningful second chance employment to formerly incarcerated individuals. Whether you have a record, or just want to work at a company that is part of the solution, Awake would love to have you join our team.
Awake Window & Door Co. is an organization full of individuals deeply committed to our core values and creating solutions that excite our stakeholders. Our company is made up of an incredibly talented group of individuals dedicated to finding innovative solutions to complex problems. This group is never afraid of the hard work required to give our customers the best possible experience. We want your position at Awake to be the greatest job you have ever had. We are passionate about creating a compelling work place environment where you’ll have fun, you’ll do great work, you’ll be challenged to be better, and you’ll love what you do
- Territory Manager will represent Awake Window & Door Co in Northern California. Must be currently living in or willing to relocate to Northern California. They will work in the Sales Department under the supervision of the Chief Revenue Officer. Territory Managers will be responsible for business development including generating sales from existing customers as well as pursuing new leads.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating extensively through email to customers, dealers, and co-workers. Communication needs to be effective as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Effectively communicate bad news to customers such as backorders with new ship dates.
- Finding resolutions to dealer conflicts within assigned discretion.
- Collaborating with teammates to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
COMPLEX PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strategic planning and business development plan implementation to achieve rapid sales growth goals.
TASKS/DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Provide customers with product samples and brochures.
- Time management skills that include allocating your time appropriately to balance taking care of existing customers and actively seeking out new customers.
- Disciplined follow-up process that ensures projects and prospective clients move towards executed sales and long-term clients.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Explain technical product or service information to customers.
- Recommend and demonstrate products to customers and explain product features, based on customers’ needs and interest and solicit orders.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Negotiate prices, discounts, or other sales terms.
- Work with accounting to verify customer credit information and accounts payable collection when necessary.
- Maintain records of sales or other business transactions.
- Monitor market conditions, trends, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Arrange delivery of goods or services.
- It is expected that all employees of Awake be ambassadors of the company’s vision statement, which reads: our vision is to awaken a community of gadflies that excite stakeholders by creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Each person must embody and live out our core values:
- Must be passionate about our social mission which is focused on reducing recidivism and combatting mass incarceration by creating meaningful second chances and employment opportunities within our company.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years in manufacturing customer service
TECHNOLOGY/DESKTOP COMPUTER SKILLS
- Computer software
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Business intelligence and data analysis software
- Softech V6 Quoting System developed by Awake Window & Door Co.
- Presentation software
- Microsoft Power Point
- Document management software
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Internet browser software
- Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
- Excel & Word proficient
- Computer software