- Full-time, Hourly (Non-Exempt) with Benefits (waiting period applies)
The issue of mass incarceration and the soaring rate of recidivism is one of the most important civil rights issues of our time. At Awake, we believe we can play an active role in combatting this issue by providing meaningful second chance employment to formerly incarcerated individuals. Whether you have a record, or just want to work at a company that is part of the solution, Awake would love to have you join our team.
Awake Window & Door Co. is an organization full of individuals deeply committed to our core values and creating solutions that excite our stakeholders. Our company is made up of an incredibly talented group of individuals dedicated to finding innovative solutions to complex problems. This group is never afraid of the hard work required to give our customers the best possible experience. We want your position at Awake to be the greatest job you have ever had. We are passionate about creating a compelling work place environment where you’ll have fun, you’ll do great work, you’ll be challenged to be better, and you’ll love what you do
- The Sales Support Specialist for Awake Window & Door Co. will work in the Sales Department under the supervision of the Chief Revenue Officer. The Sales Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the outside sales team, dealers, builders, architects & end-users to get jobs quoted, ordered and finalized.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating extensively through email to customers, dealers, and co-workers. Communication needs to be effective as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Effectively communicate bad news to customers such as backorders with new ship dates.
- Finding resolutions to dealer conflicts within assigned discretion.
- Collaborating with teammates to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
COMPLEX PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Resolving problems and inquiries for customers and co-workers.
- Working with other departments to ensure resolution on dealer questions, option selections, inconsistencies, missing information, change requests, and quoting software discrepancies.
- Consult with engineering to find solutions for complex quotes.
- Identify and report any discrepancies in quoting software.
TASKS/DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge to understand product capabilities and limitations.
- Support the outside sales team.
- Create, edit, and approve quotes in SoftTech V6 and Excel based quoting systems for Awake products and services.
- Assist dealers with all aspects of SoftTech V6 quoting system and check conditions of sales, shipping and handling instructions.
- Within approval level, review and authorize discount request from dealers and outside sales representatives.
- Verify quotes by ensuring accuracy, correcting discrepancies and filling in missing information.
- Consult with dealers to choose options on product selections.
- Review all quotes and address customer supplied hardware.
- Identify any special order parts that are required on a job and send to purchasing for special order.
- Use BOM (Bill of Materials) to configure parts and products and check stock.
- Finalize quotes, compile documents, verify that all necessary information has been received, and enter necessary data before submitting an order to production.
- Submit CAD drawing requests to Awake CAD department and review all drawings submitted back to you to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate redline and review process between customers and Awake CAD department to ensure final, approved drawings are accurate.
- Submit approved quotes with approved shop drawings into production and initiate the hand off process.
- Collect shipping information and work with logistics provider to ensure approval of delivery method and delivery location (especially job site deliveries).
- Coordinate and create Order Confirmations for customers.
- Create and manage a service request process.
- Handle requests for adjustments, change order requests (including additional ship-to’s), order replacement products, and assist all departments with questions on orders.
- Coordinate container shipments on phased jobs.
- It is expected that all employees of Awake be ambassadors of the company’s vision statement, which reads: our vision is to awaken a community of gadflies that excite stakeholders by creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Each person must embody and live out our core values:
- Must be passionate about our social mission which is focused on reducing recidivism and combatting mass incarceration by creating meaningful second chances and employment opportunities within our company.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years in manufacturing customer service
TECHNOLOGY/DESKTOP COMPUTER SKILLS
- Computer software
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
- Business intelligence and data analysis software
- Softech V6 Quoting System developed by Awake Window & Door Co.
- Document management software
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Internet browser software
- Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
- Excel, Word, and Power Point proficient